This full-day, hands-on course specifically designed for the plant science industry professionals will provide instruction in using PlantCV, a free, open-source image analysis platform.
This workshop is led by Director of Data Science, Principal Investigator, and PlantCV co-creator Dr. Noah Fahlgren. Additional expert instructors, including Director of Phenotyping and Principal Investigator Dr. Katie Murphy, Data Science Trainer Parag Bhatt, and PlantCV Developer Haley Schuhl ensure a 5:1 student to instructor ratio. This workshop is a good fit for scientists of many career stages looking to reduce their labor costs by applying image-based phenotyping techniques. No previous experience is required.
- Basics of PlantCV applications and what is possible for image analysis
- Basic analysis of plant height, leaf area, and color from images of plants and seeds
- Analysis of chlorophyll fluorescence images, particularly taken with the Phenotyping Facility CropReporter camera (available for external users)
- Advanced machine tools available in PlantCV
- Sample images for practice analysis
- Tour of Danforth Center Phenotyping Core Facility
- Lunch and coffee
2023 registration costs:
- Commercial business: $294 per person*
- St. Louis Small Business: $250 per person*
- *The CATALST grant has generously supported discounted rates for this workshop, originally $328 per person.
Cancellation policy: Full refund minus processing fees up to 7 days before the event.