Wire Transfer, IRA Rollover, Donor Advised Funds
Please notify the Danforth Center of your intentions, so that we may acknowledge you properly. Call 314.587.1234 or email to advise us of your gift and any participating institutions.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities & Mutual Funds
A gift of stock can provide much-needed support for research, education, and other projects at the Danforth Center while providing you with financial benefits. Most gifts of appreciated securities that are held long term (more than one year) are fully deductible at fair market value and do not incur a tax on unrealized capital gain.
Gifts of appreciated securities may be the preferred way to make a charitable gift when:
- You wish to increase your cost basis in a stock you intend to hold;
- You wish to rebalance your portfolio;
- You wish to donate cash or holdings in your closely held corporation;
- You want a higher yield; or
- A takeover is contemplated.