Annual giving makes the work of the Danforth Center possible by supporting the operating costs that research grants do not cover, including early-stage projects, training, education and outreach.
Join our efforts. There’s a spot for you here.
Annual gifts contribute to the Innovation Fund and are an especially effective way to support the Danforth Center. These gifts are strategically directed toward the following five areas according to need and priority:
- Early-stage projects, which are not yet grant-fundable, but are where the innovation happens
- Education and outreach to bring STEM to area students and families
- Internships and training to help launch our young scientists
- New equipment and technology to guarantee our cutting-edge infrastructure
- New and improved facilities to attract and retain the best and brightest minds
Every gift to the Innovation Fund affirms your commitment to improving human health, renewing the environment, and producing jobs and increased investment in our region.
Annual givers have the opportunity to join several different giving societies at the Danforth Center, including:
- The Donald Danforth Society: The Danforth Center’s leadership giving society. Annual contributions start at $1,000, and members receive exclusive opportunities, benefits, and recognition for their generous support of the Center.
- Friends of Plant Science: Staring at the $100 per year level, the Friends of the Danforth Center provide essential leverage for securing competitive research grants and receive Center publications and invitations to special presentations and events.
- Young Friends: This group consists of dynamic professionals under 40 years of age and younger who make annual contributions to the Danforth Center Innovation Fund and receive invitations to special events.