To be completed by each intern by Friday, June 7, 2019
DDPSC Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training
The National Science Foundation now requires that all newly NSF-funded personnel participate in a Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) program at the Danforth Center. As a Summer Intern, you will complete two ethics training components:
- Participation in the RCR session at the annual scientific retreat
- Completion of a web-based overview that every researcher at the Danforth Center be required to complete once.This web-based instruction will cover the breadth of subject matter in the conduct of ethical scientific research and point to specific Danforth policies.
Completing the web-based RCR Training
The web-based RCR training is located on the Danforth Center intranet (therefore, you must access the training from within the Danforth Center). If you do not have access to a lab computer, you may use the library computers to complete the training.
- You must be logged-in to the computer with your Danforth ID. If you’re using a library computer, it is likely logged in as “library.” You will need to log-off and log-in as yourself. To ensure you are logged in:
- Log out of the computer you are using (shift-control-delete, choose log-off)
- Log in using your Danforth ID (FInitialLastName, i.e., jsmith). Your default password is “danforth” unless you have previously changed it. Note: you should update your password.
- Click on each of the 8 RCR modules and complete each module:
- Introduction to Ethical and Responsible Research
- Peer Review
- Mentor-Trainee Relationships
- Collaborative Research
- Research Integrity
- Authorship and Publication
- Conflict of Interest
- Data Ownership, Acquisition, Sharing, and Management