Our internship program is open to US citizens and permanent residents only. Due to grant restrictions, we are unable to fund interns who are not citizens or permanent residents.
Previous REU Experience
Demographic Information Required by NSF
The National Science Foundation requires we report these demographic data on each program applicant. Ethnic and racial definitions are defined by NSF.
Below please provide a brief list of any laboratory skills you would like us to know about: (900 character limit)
**Special characters (such as bulleted lists generated in Word) or exceeding the character limit will result in a "500 Error" when you submit your application. Please paste in plain unformatted text fewer than 900 characters.
Two letters of recommendation are required with your application. A third letter is optional.
Please contact your references directly and have them submit your letters via email, fax or US Postal Mail to: Email: Internship@danforthcenter.org US Postal:
Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, Internship Program, 975 N Warson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63132 Fax
File Upload Instructions
Please upload the following files to our dropbox account:
1) Personal Statement (ensure your name is on the page header)
3) Transcripts (official or unofficial)
4) Academic Experience Form (Click here to download form
) Please save each file with your last name and first initial followed by which document it is. For example:
NOTE: If you experience trouble uploading files, you may email them to Internship@danforthcenter.org Upload Files Here
You may also have your transcripts sent directly to: Email
: firstname.lastname@example.org US Postal Mail
: Shannon Rapp, 975 N Warson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63132 Fax
How did you hear about us?
- work at least 40 hours per week. No vacations will be permitted during the 11-week program (except for official Danforth Center-wide holidays such as Memorial Day and Independence Holidays).
- be present for the full eleven-week period.
- turn in a research paper at the end of the program.
- be present at the all-day symposium on the final day of the program and make a 15 minute presentation.
- must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program (part-time or full-time) leading to a baccalaureate or associates degree. Students who are transferring from one institution to another (and have been accepted at the second institution) may participate. High school graduates who have not yet enrolled are not eligible. Students who have received their bachelor's degrees (or will receive a degree before the program dates) and are no longer enrolled as undergraduates are not eligible for the REU program.
- must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- should be majoring in a plant or life science field and have relevant coursework. Prior research experience is not required.
- must be able to work at least 40 hours per week for the entire eleven week term.
- Students who have already participated in the program are not eligible to reapply. Those students are encouraged to work with their previous mentors regarding rehiring.
Should you have problems with submission, please check the lab skills box to make sure you have included only unformatted text. When clicking the submit button below, you will be taken to a confirmation screen. If this confirmation screen does not appear, your application was not submitted.
If you have problems, please contact Internship@danforthcenter.org