An Open Invitation
We care about your health and safety. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all tours are currently cancelled into June. We look forward to welcoming you once it is safe to do so.
Interested in a peek behind the scenes at the cutting edge of plant science? The Danforth Center is a leading-edge research facility and is available for scheduled docent tours with prior arrangement.
Plan Your Visit
Did you know there is groundbreaking plant science research happening every day in St. Louis? We want to bring you into our labs, let you explore our greenhouses, and introduce you to our scientists so you can see the amazing things that plant science can help us achieve.
Our tours are conducted during business hours and typically last 60-90 minutes. You’ll be led through our building by a docent tour guide. Tour guides complete a six-month training and often bring their own scientific expertise to ensure you leave just as fascinated by plant science as we are.
There are parking lots available on the east and west sides of our building. Within the parking lot, look for signs indicating visitor parking (near the front of the building). If all visitors’ spots are taken then please park in any other spot in the lot. Walk towards the circle drive to enter the front of the building next to the Kemper water garden.
- The tour includes considerable walking and ramps.
- Our facility is accessible, and we can accommodate up to two wheelchairs per group.
- Visitors may also schedule a tour during public events, such as Raspberry Pi Jam and PlantFest.
- The Danforth Center is not open to the public - tours are only available with prior arrangement.
- Comfortable, closed-toe shoes recommended.
- Photography is permitted for personal and non-commercial use only in public areas.