7 search results for water scarcity
- Water Efficiency for 9 Billion People
- Water is the foundation for all forms of life and it is absolutely necessary for our environment to flourish.
- research and agriculture innovation community, the issue of water scarcity, usage and availability, Water Efficiency for 9 Billion People , March 22 was World Water Day, a day established by the United Nations in 1993 to recognize the importance of water in our lives. It’s a day to make a difference for the members of the global population who suffer from water related issues. It’s a day to prepare for how we manage water in the future. 22 years later, World Water Day is still celebrated around
- The Plant Pulse March 23, 2012
- From dollar store to microbiology: Student gets his dream job
Roots and Shoots
I see myself working at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention running my own research lab, to rid the world of famine or find a cure for some disease,” said C ...
- and agricultural research community, the issue of water scarcity is of utmost importance as food and agriculture production are the largest consumers of water, requiring one hundred times more than we use
- The Plant Pulse June 3, 2011
- The Plant Pulse is a feature of the Danforth Center Roots and Shoots Blog that includes a sampling of interesting stories about world hunger and malnutrition, food security, climate change, biofuels, agriculture, the environment, conferences and even ...
- are to overcome the increasingly pressing challenges of climate change, spiraling food prices and the scarcity of land, water and energy," said Barbara Stocking, Oxfam's chief executive." Science in spotlight
- New study identifies promising agricultural tools for feeding the world’s hungry
- In its new report, Food Security in a World of Growing Natural Resource Scarcity: The Role of Agricultural Technologies, the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) examines how 11 agricultural practices and technologies could help farmers around the world improve the sustainability of agriculture.
- scarcity of water and farmland. Additionally, IFPRI’s study highlights how the tailored use, Security in a World of Growing Natural Resource Scarcity: The Role of Agricultural Technologies
- The Plant Pulse April 6, 2012
Danforth Center ranks as 8th best place to work for postdocs
St. Louis Business Journal
The Danforth Center employs 39 postdocs — scholars or researchers who are involved in academic study beyond the level of a doctoral degree. Last July ...
- change and water scarcity. Scientific Community & Network Roots & Shoots
- Ag Innovation Showcase Experts Forecast Population Growth, Rising Wages and Climate Change Combine to Hurt Future Food Supplies Globally
- ST. LOUIS (May 23, 2011) -- A volatile recipe of exploding population growth, climate change, falling crop yields and more demand for meat and diary will put world agriculture under tremendous pressure, experts said at the Ag Innovation Showcase, hel ...
- malnutrition, but we can make significant progress despite the future scarcity by making this investment, , affordable food, improve environment management, and address social justice,” Cacho said.
- (BiofuelsDigest) Transformers: 8 Technologies To Rock the Bio World
- by Jim Lane
Game changer, breakthrough, revolution, quantum leap. A lot of technologies arrive on the Digest’s doorstep wrapped in one of those descriptors, or another. Sometimes wrapped in all of them.
But what are technologies that would really r ...
- of getting the algae out of the water, or the water out of the algae. Given that a decent microalgae concentration is around 0.1 percent, you have to remove 1000 gallons of water per gallon to get, a handful of BTUs per gallon to move the water, you’re dangerously close to using more energy, articles, we’ve written not only about the opportunities in RuBisco, but the increasing scarcity