4 search results for un_water
- World Water Day 2017
- How the Science of Water Uptake will Improve Food & Fuel
- World Water Day 2017, In 1993, the United Nations General Assembly officially designated March 22 as World Water Day. World Water Day is coordinated by UN-Water in collaboration with governments and partners to take action to tackle the water crisis. Today, there are over 663 million people living without a safe water supply close to home, spending countless hours queuing or trekking to distant sources, and coping with the health impacts of using contaminated water. CLICK TO ENLARGE
- Water Efficiency for 9 Billion People
- Water is the foundation for all forms of life and it is absolutely necessary for our environment to flourish.
- water more efficiently. Sources: UN World Water Day We hope we inspired you as we celebrate, to share messages about #Water and #Sustainability @UN_Water. Follow us on Twitter, Water Efficiency for 9 Billion People , March 22 was World Water Day, a day established by the United Nations in 1993 to recognize the importance of water in our lives. It’s a day to make a difference for the members of the global population who suffer from water related issues. It’s a day
- Water Sustainability for Global Agriculture
A day for water and water for sustainable development
- & #Sustainability @UN-Water Follow us on Twitter @DanforthCenter and LIKE us on Facebook to stay up to date, Water Sustainability for Global Agriculture, Issue 1 By the year 2050, agriculture will need, predicted to reach nine billion. Globally, agriculture currently uses nearly 70% of the world’s fresh water, primarily for irrigation. Inefficient use of water for crop production depletes aquifers, reduces, for a growing population are unsustainable. This month to recognize the United Nations’ World Water
- Better water, better jobs: World Water Day 2016
- Almost half of the world's workers are employed in water-related sectors.
- is a part of your job #WorldWaterDay @UN-Water @DanforthCenter.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Better water, better jobs: World Water Day 2016, Today, almost half of the world's workers - 1.5 billion people - work in water-related sectors.
In 1993, the United Nations designated March 22 as an annual World Water Day. This year, the theme ‘water and jobs’ is focused on how an adequate quantity and quality of water can change workers' lives and transform societies and economies through