19 search results for irrigation
- Plant Pulse
- The Plant Pulse is a feature of the Danforth Center Roots and Shoots Blog that includes a sampling of interesting stories about agriculture, the environment, food security, climate change, bioenergy, events and the impact of plant science.
- are becoming more frequent. Mobile Drip Irrigation Has Huge Potential AG Professional
The real advantage of Teeter Irrigation's Dragon-Line is its potential to increase water efficiency
- BELLWETHER PLANT GROWTH FACILITY ADVANCES FOOD SECURITY AND SUSTAINABILITY RESEARCH
- Discover the features of the new growth chambers
- in these important crops
• Auto-irrigation in each chamber for superior drought testing capacity
- 2016 ANNUAL THANKSGIVING LETTER BY WILLIAM H. DANFORTH, FOUNDING CHAIRMAN
- Thanks to each of you for your role in what I believe is a noble effort to make the world a better and safer place for humans and many other living things.
- cross breeding to develop more productive food crops and fertilizers and irrigation to stimulate growth
- Less is Clearly More: Reducing the Amount of Water Needed to Grow Nutritious Food, Fiber and Fuel
- New discoveries can help us grow more nutritious food using less land, soil and water while reducing fertilizer and pesticide use.
- into streams and rivers that run into our oceans. Irrigation depletes precious water resources
- Water Sustainability for Global Agriculture
A day for water and water for sustainable development
- Water Sustainability for Global Agriculture, Issue 1 By the year 2050, agriculture will need to produce 50% more food globally, and 100% more in developing countries to feed a population predicted to reach nine billion. Globally, agriculture currently uses nearly 70% of the world’s fresh water, primarily for irrigation. Inefficient use of water for crop production depletes aquifers, reduces river flows, degrades wildlife habitats, and has caused salinization of 20% of the global irrigated
- (St. Louis Business Journal) Ag Innovation Showcase agenda and list of startup presenters
- The Ag Innovation Showcase takes place at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center Tuesday and Wednesday. Here’s the agenda.
- (The Netherlands) Nautilytics LLC (Boston) Surface Irrigation Monitoring & Altering Systems (California) Read
- New study identifies promising agricultural tools for feeding the world’s hungry
- In its new report, Food Security in a World of Growing Natural Resource Scarcity: The Role of Agricultural Technologies, the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) examines how 11 agricultural practices and technologies could help farmers around the world improve the sustainability of agriculture.
- percent, but irrigation increased the yields by another 21 percent. Heat-tolerant varieties of wheat could increase crop yields from a 17 percent increase to a 23 percent increase with irrigation
- Letter from the President
- 2017 Danforth Center Annual Report
- as much irrigation water from lakes, rivers and groundwater sources, because technology has given us far
- The Plant Pulse May 25, 2012
Serial entrepreneurship in a conservative business town
St. Louis Beacon
“Risk taking is celebrated, rewarded,” Fiorello said of innovation hubs. “Here we have a Midwestern sensibility and I think we need to continue to build a culture where ...
- increasingly important. And, as new technologies for seeds, cultivation, irrigation, preservation
- Better water, better jobs: World Water Day 2016
- Almost half of the world's workers are employed in water-related sectors.
- and rivers that run into our oceans. Irrigation depletes precious water resources.
At the Danforth