14 search results for cotton
- (Daily Monitor) Counting Potential Benefits of Biotechnology to Uganda
- In crop agriculture, genetic modification (GM) technology has been used to improve appearance, taste, nutritional quality as well as drought, pest and disease tolerance.
- ), cotton ( for boll worm resistance and herbicide tolerance), maize (for drought resistance), rice
- The Plant Pulse June 30, 2011
- The Plant Pulse is a feature of the Danforth Center Roots and Shoots Blog that includes a sampling of interesting stories about world hunger and malnutrition, food security, climate change, biofuels, agriculture, the environment, conferences and even ...
- . Unique lab seeks drought-tolerant traits in cotton, other plants - PHYSORG
As billion-dollar, in Corpus Christi are taking a closer look at why some cotton varieties do better than others in drought
- The Plant Pulse April 6, 2012
Danforth Center ranks as 8th best place to work for postdocs
St. Louis Business Journal
The Danforth Center employs 39 postdocs — scholars or researchers who are involved in academic study beyond the level of a doctoral degree. Last July ...
- to increase their yields. Ancient cotton unveils secrets of domesticated crop evolution R&D Magazine
Scientists studying 1,600-year-old cotton from the banks of the Nile have found what they believe
- The Plant Pulse June 29, 2012
- New Technology Pollinates Plant Science
With their ability to utilize sunlight, carbon dioxide, water, and a dash of trace nutrients to produce food and purify air, plants are striking from an engineering standpoint, Allen says. “P ...
- causes deadly streaks in the roots. Biotech corn would be resistant to drought, cotton to bollworm
- Cell Structure
- Casuarina branchlet ts CBSV rep complex Cassava lf Cotton apical meristem Datisca nodule Frankia
- New Paper in PLosONE
- Anthony Becker was an undergraduate summer intern in the lab as part of the Danforth Center NSF-REU program. He did a great job learning how to code in R and the basics of mapping genetics. Tony worked to apply methods developed to map genes using ...
- , such as Maize, Soybean and Cotton. These resources will enable plant breeders and producers to make rapid
- Monsanto Acquires Agricultural Technology Leader Divergence, Inc.
- “We extend our sincere congratulations to the team at Divergence. This is further validation of their extraordinary work. Becoming part of the Monsanto team will give them access to resources that will accelerate their work to bring critical solu ...
- cost farmers billions of dollars in damages each year to crops like corn, soy, cotton and vegetables
- Improving Agriculture through RNA
- RNA silencing is applied to crops to protect against pests and diseases, increase survival during droughts, advance plant performance and enhance nutritional value.
- platform, growth of herbicide solutions including Warrant early PRE in cotton and soy markets, technical
- Disclosure of Funding
- Regional Chamber Cotton Incorporated Sumitomo Chemical Company CSI Leasing, Inc
- Rebecca Bart
- on Bacterial Blight of cassava and cotton.
The disease triangle of plant pathology tells us that the host