164 search results for US department of agriculture
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Research Given to Danforth Center Scientist
- Sam Wang received the 2014 Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Research and Creativity from UMSL for his groundbreaking research in plant biology.
- Science Foundation and U.S. Departments of Agriculture, Energy and Transportation. Follow us on Twitter @DanforthCenter and LIKE us on Facebook to stay up to date with science, research and recent, groundbreaking research in plant biology. Wang joined both the Danforth Center and the department, to work with,” said Wang. Wang holds several U.S. patents and has published more than 135 articles
- Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack visits St. Louis
- Learn more about him:
Tom Vilsack was appointed by President Barack Obama as the 30th Secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and sworn into office on January 21, 2009.
As Secretary of Agriculture, Vilsack is working hard to streng ...
- Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack visits St. Louis, Learn more about him:
Tom Vilsack was appointed by President Barack Obama as the 30th Secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and sworn into office on January 21, 2009. As Secretary of Agriculture, Vilsack is working hard to strengthen the American agricultural economy, to revitalize rural communities, to protect, Way, Every Day' USDA. As Agriculture Secretary, Vilsack has worked to implement President Obama's
- Another Prominent U.S. Cabinet Representative Tours the Center
- With two grants recently connected to the Center from the U.S. Department of Commerce (see pages 4 and 5), a visit from one of their representatives serves as further recognition of the growing national prominence of the Danforth Center. The Commerc ...
- Another Prominent U.S. Cabinet Representative Tours the Center,
With two grants recently connected to the Center from the U.S. Department of Commerce (see pages 4 and 5), a visit from one, of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA), Fernandez is charged, Center. The Commerce Department’s John Fernandez, who serves as Assistant Secretary of Commerce, has welcomed representatives from multiple departments of the U.S. government, with notables
- Danforth Center Awarded $8 Million DOE ARPA-E Grant to Accelerate Research on Sorghum as Bioenergy Crop
- The $8 million grant awarded to the Danforth Plant Science Center will be led by Todd Mockler, Ph.D., Geraldine and Robert Virgil Distinguished Investigator at the Danforth Center.
- Crop, On June 18, the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA–E) announced the Transportation Energy Resources and Renewable Agriculture (TERRA) program will support, of production at commercial scale.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has forecast that more than 90 percent of U.S. cellulosic bioenergy needs will be met through biomass production, -yielding sorghum hybrids,” said Mockler. “These will be optimized for the U.S. sorghum bioenergy
- Research at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center Featured in National Geographic Series, The Future of Food
- Research to improve agriculture productivity using cutting-edge technology at the Danforth Center is featured in the October issue of National Geographic.
- many sources, including the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Agency for International Development, the Bill, , The Future of Food, ST. LOUIS, MO – September 22, 2014 – Research to improve agriculture productivity, careful experimental conditions allows us to understand the impact of a changing environment, on Center scientists, news, and the “Roots & Shoots” blog. Follow us on Twitter at @DanforthCenter
- Danforth Center’s “Conversations” Series Continues May 1st, 2012
- Let’s talk… about Nature
and Technology: A Conversation about
ST. LOUIS, MO, May 1 , 2012 – The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center will host its quarterly “Conversations” Series sponsored by Boeing on Thursday, May 10, 2012 from 5:15 ...
- of Health, U.S. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S., improve biodiversity and the balance between agriculture and environmental stewardship. Challenges, will play an impactful role for nature and restoring the environment.
To join us for an enlightening, and areas of research. Follow us on Twitter at @DanforthCenter.
For additional information, contact
- TechAccel and Danforth Plant Science Center Announce Strategic Partnership to Advance Ag Innovation to Meet Global Challenges
- $250,000 Grant Will Provide Capital to Advance and Commercialize Projects
- Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Agency for International Development, the Bill & Melinda Gates and Howard G. Buffett, and the agriculture ecosystem,” said Michael Helmstetter, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive of TechAccel. “Agriculture research can and will change the world, but only if it has the backing to move from concept, to commercialize or prove out agriculture- and animal health-related innovations.
“The Path to Commercialization
- The Danforth Center Collaborates With the University of Illinois to Develop More Efficient Crops that Will Use Less Fertilizer to Produce More Yield
- Research will focus on enhancing nitrogen use efficiency.
- Science Center announced it has received a three-year grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) to enhance nitrogen use efficiency (NUE, many sources, including the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Energy, National Science, nitrogen fertilizer is added to U.S. crop fields than plants can use. The excess nitrogen often ends up, that will use less fertilizer to produce more yield. The research will help us meet future global demands
- TechAccel Expands with Office Location at Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
- AgTech Firm Leases Space for Further Collaboration & Science Advancement Research
- . St. Louis County is responsible for $17 billion in sales in agriculture, forestry and related industries, according to the Missouri Department of Agriculture. “We are excited to see TechAccel, , including the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, . With its opening in 1998, the Danforth Center initiated a wave of economic development in agriculture, in agriculture and animal health. The company invests in or acquires new technology and funds
- Agriculture Tech Advances Opportunities for Entrepreneurs, Kauffman/Danforth Plant Science Center Paper Shows
- Paper calls on entrepreneurs to seize untapped potential for innovation in “AgTech” to meet global food demand while minimizing environmental impacts
- and contract revenue from many sources, including the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Agency for International, Agriculture Tech Advances Opportunities for Entrepreneurs, Kauffman/Danforth Plant Science Center, , 2014 – Innovations in agriculture have allowed worldwide food production to triple over the past 50, expected to rise as much as 100 percent during that time – sustainable agriculture technology