71 search results for Report
- Annual Report
- Annual Report,
Home, Danforth Center Annual Report 2018 Annual Report
2017 Annual Report 2016 Annual Report
2015 Annual Report 2014 Annual Report
2013 Annual Report 2012 Annual Report 2011 Annual Report
2010 Annual Report
2009 Annual Report
2008 Annual Report
2007 Annual Report
2006 Annual Report
2004 Annual Report 2003 Annual Report 2002 Annual Report 2001 Annual Report Contact
- (Forbes) Kauffman Report Makes The Case For AgTech Innovation & Investment
While the nascent industry is gaining momentum, a new white paper produced by The Kauffman Foundation and Danforth Center finds that we need more investment and entrepreneurship to fuel the “Evergreen Revolution,” or sustainably produce 70 percent more food by 2050.
- (Forbes) Kauffman Report Makes The Case For AgTech Innovation & Investment, Technology is transforming every industry, and now it’s coming to agriculture. Over the past six years, a growing number, of the report’s key findings is that given the size of the agriculture industry – global net farm, as the concentration of some the world’s largest agribusiness, chemical and farming companies, the report advocates, and entrepreneurial economy around the emerging AgTech sector.”
All in all, the report does
- (EQ) St. Louis Has “Agglomeration” In AgTech, According To A Brookings Report, And That’s A Good Thing
- A report last week from the Brookings Institution looks at regional economic strategies surrounding industry clusters
- (EQ) St. Louis Has “Agglomeration” In AgTech, According To A Brookings Report, And That’s A Good Thing, A report last week from the Brookings Institution looks at regional economic strategies surrounding industry clusters Read More, (Collection), (Collection)
- Brookings Institution Recognizes St. Louis’ Successful AgTech Cluster in New Report
- Rethinking Cluster Initiatives
- Brookings Institution Recognizes St. Louis’ Successful AgTech Cluster in New Report, In a new report, Rethinking Cluster Initiatives, from the Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program, argues, local economic growth, but only if certain market and civic fundamentals are in place. In the report, . The report illustrates that initiatives to support and grow industry clusters remain a potentially powerful, and critical solutions to the global challenges facing humanity,” Fiorello stated. The report’s
- Food Security & Climate Change Challenges Accelerating
- Research at the Danforth Center includes the search renewable, clean energy, using algae and oilseed crops such as camelina. Center scientists are also focused on developing crops that require less nitrogen-based fertilizer and harmful pesticides the ...
- about it. A report released Wednesday morning by the Commission on Sustainable Agriculture, of agricultural centers that undertake frontline research on the problems of food production. The report is being, the report maintains that world food production must be increased to meet demand, it also recognizes, is low, must be achieved while doing as little extra harm to the environment as possible, the report, inhibiting human well-being and economic growth throughout the world,” the report says, “and these problems
- The Plant Pulse April 27, 2012
- Food Security & Climate Change Challenges Accelerating
Roots & Shoots
Research at the Danforth Center includes the search renewable, clean energy, using algae and oilseed crops such as camelina. Center scientists are also focused on develo ...
Leading Food Policy Organization Issues 2011 Global Food Policy Report
In its first annual Global Food Policy Report, the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) reflected on the major policy developments of 2011. The report analyzed the year's food policy progress
- Plant Science Critical to Planet Under Pressure
- UN experts have called for a transformation of the global economy, based on an ’evergreen revolution’ which will double agricultural productivity while reducing resource use and avoiding further biodiversity losses.
In response, the UK Crop Protecti ...
- lack political will and are neither fast enough nor deep enough, the panel said in its major new report, said this latest UN report should serve as a warning against complacency among EU decision-makers, global need to produce more food.
’Even by 2030, less than 20 years away, this latest UN report
- Inmaculada Couso-Lianez and Victoria Yi
Victoria Yi, a junior student at Clayton High School, received the LMI Aerospace Inc. Award for Excellence in Research, for her paper “Growth and Lipid Body Accumulation of Common Chlamydomonas reinhardtii Laboratory Strains Under Different Light Condition” in the 2014 Students and Teachers as Research Scientists (STARS) program.
Photo :The awardee Victoria Yi(right) and one of her mentors Dr Inmaculada Couso(left).
- Inmaculada Couso-Lianez and Victoria Yi,
STARS program: http://www.umsl.edu/~sep/STARS/index.html The work has been performed under the supervision of Dr Jim Umen lab at the Danforth Plant Science Center. The LMI Aerospace Award is presented to various students who distinguish themselves during the six weeks research training, in which they wrote a technical report and presented their research in a seminar format. The winning research papers
- Discovery, Community, Impact
- The 2017 Annual Report
- Discovery, Community, Impact, Dear Friends and Colleagues,
While this Annual Report highlights our work from 2017, I want to reflect upon some achievements since the Danforth Center was founded. We celebrate our 20th anniversary in 2018, so let’s consider some of the Center’s impact over those two short decades. Let’s start with scientific discovery. Did you know that Center scientists have, , 2018 2017 Annual Report, (Collection), (Collection)
- Unleashing a Decade of Innovation in Plant Science
- Representatives of the plant science community have developed the Plant Science Decadal Vision that serves to educate the public and government about the need for advances in plant science.
- productivity. The report describes a ten-year research agenda for plant science and its impacts, the report, click here., (Collection), (Collection)