35 search results for Harvesting
- Breeding Scientific Innovations, Harvesting Commercial Breakthroughs
- Third Annual Ag Innovation Showcase
- Breeding Scientific Innovations, Harvesting Commercial Breakthroughs , Third Annual Ag Innovation Showcase , (Collection), (Collection)
- Growing St. Louis’ Plant and Life Science Ecosystem and Harvesting Commercial Success
- Join us on November 20th as featured panelists discuss the infrastructure a region needs to support a successful start-up community, how St. Louis compares to other regions, and how local businesses, institutions, and individuals can help to advance business innovation in our region.
- Growing St. Louis’ Plant and Life Science Ecosystem and Harvesting Commercial Success, Join us Thursday, November 20, 2014 as featured panelists Thomas Osha, Managing Director of Innovation and Economic Development for Wexford Science + Technology, a BioMed Realty company, Sam Fiorello, Chief Operating Officer, Senior Vice President- Administration, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center and President- BRDG Park, Donn Rubin, President and CEO BioSTL, and David Smoller, General Partner
- The Plant Pulse May 25, 2012
Serial entrepreneurship in a conservative business town
St. Louis Beacon
“Risk taking is celebrated, rewarded,” Fiorello said of innovation hubs. “Here we have a Midwestern sensibility and I think we need to continue to build a culture where ...
- researchers and educators is more critical than ever before. NAABB Chooses Harvesting and Extraction Technologies
Algae Industry Magazine
The NAABB selected these four harvesting and extraction technologies for scale-up following a rigorous review. Five harvesting technologies and four extraction
- (St. Louis Public Radio) Pennycress, a Common Weed in Missouri, Could be the Next Big Thing in Biofuel Innovation
- While the typical American may be considering how to use alternative fuel in the form of an electric car or investing in a “smart home” system, big industry is also looking for ways to reduce CO2 emissions through the use of alternative biofuels.
- crops that researchers are harvesting for oil and biomass to use for fuel.
Read the full article
- From dollar store to microbiology: Student gets his dream job
- A few months ago, Kevin Cox was working at a dollar store. Today he’s a laboratory assistant at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in Creve Coeur, Mo. – the first big step of many toward a noble career.
“I see myself working at the Centers ...
- and rice. For now, he’s performing simple tasks such as harvesting and planting seeds to more complex
- ABO: NAABB Members Highlight Work at Algae Biomass Summit
- The 5th annual Algae Biomass Summit, hosted by the Algal Biomass Organization (ABO) takes place this week in Minneapolis, MN (October 24-27), gathering industry professionals from all sectors of the world’s algae utilization industries.
The National ...
- objectives in Algal Biology, Cultivation, Harvesting/Extraction, and Conversion to fuels, Coproduct
- The Plant Pulse February 25, 2011
- The Plant Pulse is a new feature of the Danforth Center Roots and Shoots Blog that will include a sampling of interesting stories about world hunger and malnutrition, food security, climate change, biofuels, agriculture, the environment, conferences ...
- and 24- Ag Innovation Showcase
Breeding Scientific Innovations, Harvesting Global Commercial
- The Plant Pulse June 30, 2011
- The Plant Pulse is a feature of the Danforth Center Roots and Shoots Blog that includes a sampling of interesting stories about world hunger and malnutrition, food security, climate change, biofuels, agriculture, the environment, conferences and even ...
- will cover all areas of emerging technologies in algal biology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting
- (Algae Industry Magazine) A.I.M. Interview: NAABB’s José Olivares
- by David Schwartz
ere in New Mexico the forest fires have been burning for nearly a month, scorching over 130,000 acres so far, making this the biggest fire in New Mexico’s recorded history. The threat was so severe ...
- in the coming two years. We are in the process now of doing a down-select for harvesting and extraction, ?
We’ve had a number of breakthroughs in the harvesting and extraction components and you’ll hear, focusing technology it’s developing for harvesting. There’s also a new technology coming out of Texas A&M
- (Biofuels Digest) Who’s in the lead? Algae around the world
- Who’s in front in the development of algal-based fuels and biomaterials? India, China, Japan, Australia, Taiwan, Israel, the EU, or the US. The NAABB’s globe-trotting chief parses it out.
In New Mexico, Dr. Jose Olivares is head of the National Alli ...
- universities in transformation of algae, photobioreactor systems, belt screen based harvesting, for harvesting systems.
Overall, this is a significant effort for a very small country.
Australia, and development system to systems that can be taken out into the field for harvesting algae very, very