245 search results for Food security
- BELLWETHER PLANT GROWTH FACILITY ADVANCES FOOD SECURITY AND SUSTAINABILITY RESEARCH
- Discover the features of the new growth chambers
- BELLWETHER PLANT GROWTH FACILITY ADVANCES FOOD SECURITY AND SUSTAINABILITY RESEARCH,
As part of its ongoing major expansion, the Danforth Center completed construction of the Bellwether Plant Growth Facility, which houses 34 walk-in and reach-in growth chambers. By providing much-needed space and advanced features that enable Center scientists to test plant productivity in virtually any, in the areas of food security and renewable bioenergy. It is at the cutting-edge for both non
- From Lab to Field – Improving a Major Staple Crop for Food Security
- Roots & Shoot’s guest blogger discusses the process a single cell goes through from the tissue culture lab to the cassava fields.
- From Lab to Field – Improving a Major Staple Crop for Food Security, Raj Deepika Chauhan, Ph.D., research manager in the Institute for International Crop Improvement (IICI), Trait Improvement Laboratory at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center.
Growing up in a small town located, research, read the Danforth Center’s Focus On: FOOD SECURITY publication.
Follow along on Twitter, , also known as manioc, yucca, arrowroot or tapioca is a perennial woody shrub and a major staple food
- Recipients of African Women in Agricultural Research and Development Award Work to Improve Food Security
- The career development program brought three women to the United States to study current scientific techniques to help improve global food security.
- . During her time at the Center, Taracha has worked to improve food security and reduce poverty numbers, of the most pressing global challenges of the 21st century including food security, a concern all, to improve food security in my region,” said Edoh.
“The fellowship is huge. There are thousands, Recipients of African Women in Agricultural Research and Development Award Work to Improve Food Security, In June of 2016, the Danforth Center welcomed three extraordinary women from Africa as part
- Announcing New Research to Address Global Food Security and the Sustainability of Coastal Golf Courses
- The Danforth Center’s mission to improve the human condition through plant science directly translates to addressing the food security and sustainability challenges in our world.
- Announcing New Research to Address Global Food Security and the Sustainability of Coastal Golf Courses, Scientists at the Danforth Plant Science Center work with a variety of partners to develop sustainable solutions to feeding and fueling a rapidly growing world population.
Most recently, lands. Thus sorghum is a unique crop in that it addresses both food security and sustainable, or pathogens, the better equipped scientists are to develop crops that produce more food with less inputs
- Illumina Announces Donald Danforth Plant Science Center to Receive Agricultural Greater Good Initiative Grant to Improve Food Security in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Project Leverages HiSeq X Ten System to Accelerate Grain Sorghum Breeding.
- Illumina Announces Donald Danforth Plant Science Center to Receive Agricultural Greater Good Initiative Grant to Improve Food Security in Sub-Saharan Africa, ST. LOUIS, MO — Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ, yields and enhancing food security in the developing world.”
"It’s a pleasure to work with Dr. Mockler, , a critical crop for the socioeconomic stability and food security of people living in Sub-Saharan, and outreach aim to have impact at the nexus of food security and the environment, and position the St
- Improving Food Security Through Innovation
- Nigerian farmers are anticipating larger harvests of cowpea, popularly known as “beans”, in the very near future thanks to the efforts of public sector research institutes and donors dedicated to improving the livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
- Improving Food Security Through Innovation, Mohammed Ishiyaku of the Institute for Agricultural Research in Nigeria with improved cowpeas coming soon to market with the help of the Danforth Center. Improved cowpeas resistant to pod-borer insects are coming to Nigerian farmers soon, thanks to an international team including the Danforth Center. On January 22, Nigeria’s National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) granted a permit for the commercialization of pod-borer resistant (PBR
- Food Security & Climate Change Challenges Accelerating
- Research at the Danforth Center includes the search renewable, clean energy, using algae and oilseed crops such as camelina. Center scientists are also focused on developing crops that require less nitrogen-based fertilizer and harmful pesticides the ...
- Food Security & Climate Change Challenges Accelerating, Research at the Danforth Center includes, .
A Clarion Call on the Food Supply The New York Times By JUSTIN GILLIS For anyone who thought the run-up in food prices in recent years was a fluke, . There has been no return to the era of slowly falling food prices that prevailed in the 1980s and 1990s, of the challenges that climate change will pose to food production. As I have reported before
- Agricultural Solutions to Global Crises in Energy and Food Storage and Security
- A robust schedule of panels featuring a “who’s who” of international speakers from leading agricultural businesses, venture capital and investment firms, research institutions, will provide new insights and perspectives at the Ag Innovation Showcase, ...
- Agricultural Solutions to Global Crises in Energy and Food Storage and Security , A robust schedule of panels featuring a “who’s who” of international speakers from leading agricultural businesses, venture capital and investment firms, research institutions, will provide new insights and perspectives at the Ag Innovation Showcase, May 23-24, at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St, as a key component in addressing worldwide challenges in ag-bio, biofuels, food and nutrition, animal
- (Food Security and Ag-Biotech News) Grants Aim to Fight Malnutrition
- Source: Nature News
Author: Anjali Nayar
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced nearly US$20 million in new grants to help get nutritionally enhanced rice and cassava to Asian and African farmers. The grants will help in the developme ...
- (Food Security and Ag-Biotech News) Grants Aim to Fight Malnutrition ,
Source: Nature News
Author: Anjali Nayar
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced nearly US$20 million in new grants to help get nutritionally enhanced rice and cassava to Asian and African farmers.
The grants will help in the development, testing, and marketing of "Golden Rice," which is fortified with vitamin, the data needed for Golden Rice and BioCassava Plus to meet food safety and environmental
- (St. Louis Public Radio) East African Farmers Consider Genetic Modification of Food Security Crops to Avoid Shortages
- Jude Aleu, a cassava safety manager for Uganda’s National Crops Resources Research Institute, is working with scientists from the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center to test cassava plants that are genetically modified to resist disease in a project called VIRCA — Virus Resistant Cassava for Africa.
- (St. Louis Public Radio) East African Farmers Consider Genetic Modification of Food Security Crops to Avoid Shortages, Namulonge, Uganda - Before rows of tall, green bushes, Jude Aleu picks a cassava tuber off the ground and cracks it in half.
That shouldn’t be so easy. Healthy cassava tubers — a staple food crop in the region — can grow as thick as your upper arm. But the root in Aleu’s hands is stunted and gnarled because of a plant virus called brown streak disease. When he breaks it open