26 search results for Florida
- 2015 Conversation Series Opens with Discussion About Conservation
- The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center's Conversation Series will kickoff the 2015 series on Thursday, April 16, 2015.
- comprise a two million acre marsh ecosystem that spans from central Florida to the southern tip. A holy, connects large lakes and rivers together and flows to the Florida Bay throughout the wet season. Although the ecosystem covers a large portion of Florida, it has dramatically decreased in size over, Florida that is dedicated to protecting and restoring America’s Everglades. Understanding, of Holland & Knight, LLP, and co-chaired the firm’s Florida Government Advocacy Team with former
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- How do you take a lifelong West Coaster and make him a St. Louisan in the span of an afternoon? Have him experience the ultimate day with the St. Louis Cardinals. Dr. Jim Carrington, who officially joins the Danforth Plant Science Center as Preside ...
- in Florida for a few days to get to know some of the generous donors who mean the world to the Center
- Donald Danforth Plant Science Center Welcomes New Principal Investigator
- As expansion efforts continue to advance, the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center has hired Andrea Eveland, Ph.D., as a principal investigator and assistant member.
- and cell biology in 2008 from the University of Florida- Gainesville, Eveland was a National Science
- Danforth Center Welcomes New Principal Investigator
- As expansion efforts continue to advance, the Danforth Center has hired Andrea Eveland, Ph.D., as a principal investigator and assistant member.
- the University of Florida- Gainesville, Eveland was a National Science Foundation postdoctoral fellow
- Influential Environmental Advocates Open 2015 Conversations Series
- Let's Talk About... From the Clean Water Act to Everglades Restoration: 40 Years of Conservation
- advisor at the law firm of Holland & Knight, LLP, and co-chaired the firm’s Florida Government, from Hermann to the Confluence and Florida Bay Forever - A Story of Water from the Everglades
- (Biofuels Digest) Don’t Smoke That Fuel: ARPA-E funds energy research in tobacco, turpentines, camelina
- Transformative yields for terrestrial plant oils of up to 4,000 gallons per acre are the goal of new research awards from ARPA-E.
In Washington, the Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E), today announced 60 cuttin ...
- of the projects have fairly algae-esque oil production goals. For example, a University of Florida project, biomass.
In this round, a University of Florida project will increase the turpentine storage capacity, similar to the way in which sugarcane accumulates sugar. University of Florida Commercial Production of Terpene Biofuels in Pine – $6,367,276
The University of Florida project will increase
- The Plant Pulse January 20, 2012
Norman Borlaug: The Genius Behind The Green Revolution
Borlaug introduced several revolutionary innovations. First, he and his colleagues laboriously crossbred thousands of wheat varieties from around the world to produce some new ones ...
- of Florida study shows a hybrid plant species may experience rapid genome evolution in predictable patterns
- Preserving Natural Resources for Future Generations
“We share a mutual responsibility as stewards of this Earth,” stated Nathaniel. “Stewardship of mother Earth is part of our collective and individual duty. We are all in this together.”
- River Country – 100 Miles of Stories and Scenery from Hermann to the Confluence and Florida Bay Forever
- Plant Pulse
- The Plant Pulse is a feature of the Danforth Center Roots and Shoots Blog that includes a sampling of interesting stories about agriculture, the environment, food security, climate change, bioenergy, events, and the impact of plant science.
- of the Worst Drought East of the Rockies The Washington Post
The worsening drought in southeast Florida
- NSF REU Internships Create Opportunity for Young Scientists
- Meet the REU NSF interns that are spending their summer at the Danforth Center, building new skills and gaining hands-on lab experiences.
- positions. Emma Smith University: Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida