123 search results for maize
- Danforth Center Expands Work to Improve Crop Productivity in the Developing World to New Level with New Institute for International Crop Improvement
- Providing support and serving partnerships to enhance crops for food security
ST. LOUIS, MO, October 22, 2012 – The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center’s Institute for International Crop Improvement (IICI), has been established to expand research ...
- partnerships to focus on staple crops, such as sweet potato, banana, cassava, sorghum, maize, rice
- Unique Imaging Platform to Advance Research on the Development of Roots
- The new system is the first of its kind dedicated to plant science in the U.S. academic research sector and can provide accelerated insight into what affects plant growth.
- agriculturally important plants such as maize grow is essential. Better understanding the dynamics
- Viruses Teach Researchers How to Protect Corn from Fungal Infection
- Key finding has the potential to improve corn yields worldwide
ST. LOUIS, MO, February 28, 2011— Smut fungi are agents of disease responsible for significant crop losses worldwide. Principal Investigator, Dr. Thomas Smith and Research Associate ...
- maize plants expressing the Totivirus antifungal protein, KP4, are highly resistant to corn smut
- (The Economist) The 9 billion-people question
- A special report on feeding the world
The world’s population will grow from almost 7 billion now to over 9 billion in 2050. John Parker asks if there will be enough food to go round
THE 1.6-hectare (4-acre) Broadbalk field lies in the centre of ...
- from cereals towards meat and vegetables, the increasing use of maize as a fuel, and developments, in the early 1970s in which the real price of staple crops (rice, wheat and maize) fell year after year, . In the Maya creation myth, the first humans were made of maize dough. In the slang of Marathi, a language, Institute, the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre, the John Innes Centre, Kraft Foods, Moi
- (AlertNet) Climate Conversations - Cassava comes to the table
- By Neil Palmer | Friday at 1:18 AM |
Cassava harvesting near Khorat, Thailand. Photo: Neil Palmer/CIATIt might be an abuse of artistic license, but 2012 might well be remembered as the first International Year of Cassava – in all but name.
- wheat, maize and rice – a Bermuda Triangle of food crops, which for better or worse sometimes seems
- Missouri Research Consortium Receives $20 Million Grant from National Science Foundation to Study Impacts of Climate Variability
- The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center is part of a state-wide collaborative research project that was awarded a five year, $20 million grant by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- tolerance and water-use-efficiency in maize using the Center’s one-of-a-kind automated Bellwether Foundation
- Lab News
- to work on the Maize NAM Ionomics project. Here is the ad:
Postdoctoral Associate Date
- Tissue Culture & Transformation
- , soybean, Indian mustard, maize, rice and various different cell cultures. Within the facility
- and maize. She investigated three components of the genetic engineering process in order to aid
- Mutants of Maize Iosif Neitzke, Truman State University
Mentor: Dr. Brad Barbazuk MicroRNA