561 search results for Innovation Community
- Young Friends Invite You to Party with the Plants
- Get your Tickets for an enjoyable evening to support innovation
- Young Friends Invite You to Party with the Plants, Join the Danforth Center’s Young Friends on Friday, June 2nd for Party with the Plants. Guests will enjoy music, refreshments, networking and the opportunity to learn about the local bioscience ecosystem in our growing Missouri tall grass prairie. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Danforth Center Innovation Fund, which includes our Community Garden. Reserve your tickets here. "The Danforth Center embodies the future of global
- (The Columbia Daily Tribune) Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, MU Hire First of 4 in Joint Faculty Initiative
- The University of Missouri and the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis has hired the first of four joint faculty members in a program aimed to attract scientists focused on plant science and agriculture innovation.
- (The Columbia Daily Tribune) Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, MU Hire First of 4 in Joint Faculty Initiative, The University of Missouri and the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis has hired the first of four joint faculty members in a program aimed to attract scientists focused on plant science and agriculture innovation.
Officials unveiled the program agreement last, of the Interdisciplinary Plant Group community at MU, Sharp said.
Meyers and one other faculty member
- Join Us for A Taste of Science
- This event offers young Saint Louis professionals an opportunity to engage in a fun and interactive evening of science, spirits and snacks.
- medicines and energy.
Discovery and innovation thrive in an environment that is nurturing, dynamic and inclusive. Our scientists are part of a community of individuals and organizations—in St. Louis
- 39 North
39 NORTH Launched
39 North Innovation District Plan Unveiled 39 North Innovation District
39 North, a new innovation district, for an innovation district in St. Louis County that is uniquely positioned to advance the region’s, connected by walking and biking trails and green space.
Community input was paramount to the process. More than 45 meetings, focus group sessions and two community open houses were held to gather
- (St. Louis Post Dispatch) Leadership, not money, was heart of Danforth Foundation's impact
- BY DAVID NICKLAUS
The Danforth Foundation, a leading actor in St. Louis philanthropy for decades, is making its curtain call.
Its final act, a $70 million gift to the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, is drawing rave reviews, but we can't watc ...
- . They talk about community problems, and they champion solutions.
"They've been willing to take on some risky enterprises," says David Luckes, president of the Greater St. Louis Community Foundation. "They have been willing to push the boundaries. There's been a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship, forward and been engaged in the community," Luckes said. "We need other individuals and other, of this gift," John Danforth said on Friday. "The future of any community, including the future of its
- Improving the Human Condition Through Plant Science
- The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center focuses scientific research on the nexus of food, water and energy to improve the productivity and sustainability of agriculture, and to accelerate development of durable bioenergy.
- Improving the Human Condition Through Plant Science, Feed the hungry and improve human health Preserve and renew our environment Enhance the St. Louis region as a world center for plant science The needs to feed and power a growing, global community, while also preserving vital, health, feed the hungry, and protect the environment through innovation and thoughtful application, of a community of individuals and organizations in St. Louis, the region and around the world
- A Night to Honor Those Who Impact and Accelerate Plant Science
- The Danforth Center celebrated the intersection of science and service at its 13th annual Plantasia Gala on October 25, 2014. Guests gathered to honor two individuals chosen to receive the Danforth Distinguished Service Award and Danforth Award for Plant Science.
- share my belief that plant science can benefit both the world and our community. They joined us early, great strides in plant research and enlightening the community. It is such a huge honor, Center is the go to place to drive innovation to solve problems,” stated Dr. Dangl.The Danforth Award
- (St. Louis Business Journal) Danforth Center, universities win $20 million from NSF to study climate impact
- A state-wide research collaboration that includes the nonprofit Donald Danforth Plant Science Center and St. Louis universities has won a five-year, $20 million grant from the National Science Foundation to study the effects of climate variability.
- : Climate, Plants and Community,” the project is a partnership among the University of Missouri campuses, , analytics and community education and outreach, according to a press release from the center, and plant sciences, the Missouri Transect will drive innovation, train a diversified workforce
- Support Innovation and STEM at Party with the Plants on June 8th
- Early Bird Tickets are on Sale NOW for the second Annual Party with the Plants
- Support Innovation and STEM at Party with the Plants on June 8th,
The Young Friends of the Danforth Center invite you to Party with the Plants on Friday June 8th. Join young professionals, benefit the Danforth Center’s Innovation Fund and our St. Louis Raspberry Pi Jam. The St. Louis Raspberry Pi Jambrings together over 400 students, educators, makers, scientists and community members of all ages interested in the world of scientific innovation and robotics. Tickets are on Sale NOW
- Join us Tomorrow for VENTURE CAFE NIGHT: 39 NORTH
- Gathering of innovators and entrepreneurs. A place for serendipitous collisions to occur.
David Bohlen, Bohlen Farms Branding in the Innovation Community | EQ
6:30 pm – 7:30 pm Danforth, Join us Tomorrow for VENTURE CAFE NIGHT: 39 NORTH, Innovation is fueled by conversation, collaboration and storytelling. Every 3rd Tuesday of the month, Venture Café Night: 39° N unites entrepreneurs, scientists and innovators to collaborate and learn at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center. Join us tomorrow night Tuesday, June 20th!
The focus is on facilitating discussions