A diverse group of industry leaders has been recruited to serve on the AgTech NEXT External Advisory Board (EAB). Members of the AgTech NEXT EAB are known for their impact and innovation. These key voices include those of investors, industry leaders, entrepreneurs, and farmers. By pulling from their unique perspectives in the agtech industry, the EAB is creating an exciting lineup of impactful panel discussions and presentations by innovative thinkers around the theme of Risks and Rewards.
Together they will discuss a variety of topics, including:
- Sustainable farm practices and inputs
- Soil health
- Stakeholder communication across food supply chains
- Tracking and tracing food attributes across food supply chains
- Food products that meet consumer needs and address consumer values
- Profit for growers in times of disruption.
To ensure that AgTech NEXT represents the diverse perspectives within the ag innovation community, the Danforth Center has selected an External Advisory Board (EAB) known for their impact and innovation in the industry. These key voices include those of investors, industry leaders, entrepreneurs, and farmers. We are leveraging the expertise, knowledge, and connections of the EAB to launch AgTech NEXT as one of the industry’s most prestigious innovation conferences, yet.
Additional Executive Advisory Board members will be added throughout 2020, the preliminary list of members includes:
- Sharon Berberich, Chief Executive Officer, Plastomics
- Arlene Cotie, Innovations Lead at Bayer Crop Science
- Ingrid Fung, AgTech Venture Capitalist, Finistere
- Chip Lerwick, Managing Director, SVP Aon
- Quentin Rund, Project Lead for BioSTL’s Early Adopter Grower Innovation Community
- David Russell, Operating Partner, Lewis & Clark Partners AgriFood
- Orlando Saez, Chief Executive Officer, Aker
- Ken Zuckerberg, Senior Economist and Lead Industry Analyst, CoBank
The EAB will use their industry expertise to help guide the presentation topics and content. By leveraging their connections, AgTech NEXT will attract influential speakers and elite attendees. “The External Advisory Board is going to help us create AgTech NEXT into an event that will serve the agtech community in new ways. I’m personally excited to work with a group of thought leaders who focus on innovative solutions for the ag industry and food production,” says Claire Kinlaw, Director of Innovation and Technology Transfer at the Danforth Center.
Innovative Thinkers, Impactful Discussions
By pulling from their unique perspectives in the agtech industry, the EAB is creating an exciting lineup of panel discussions and presentations around the theme of Risks and Rewards.
Ingrid Fung of Finistere is leading a discussion with Han Chen founder and CEO, ZeaKal, that highlights how this early-stage company in the Finistere portfolio, has generated more interest from investors by reframing how they communicate with young consumers. Most recently, the unique communications strategy that does not overlook downstream consumers has resulted in a research and development collaboration with Corteva.
Chip Lerwick, a long-time supporter of the Danforth Center, has been engaged in thinking about new financial products around agriculture risks. He introduced a key AgTech NEXT speaker, Mary Shellman, who will help frame the theme and create content in an engaging format.
Join us on May 4-6 at AgTech NEXT and be a part of the conversation. Discounted early bird ticket prices are on sale now through January 21!