39 North Innovation District Plan Unveiled
Back to Results
- Sprout & About "Each package of food provides nutritionally complete servings for six children," said Melanie Bernds, public relations manager for Donald Danforth Science Center. "The food is designed to reverse the starvation process, help restore health, and improve mental and physical alertness."
- Costa Rica News After years of existing largely as an environmentalist’s fantasy, commercial production of biofuels for the world civil aviation industry is slowly becoming a fact, with production starting up across three continents.
- Patch “The students in the STARS program are getting a big head start,” said James Carrington, president of the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, in a statement. “For many of the participants, this experience will be the most important event in their decision to pursue a career in science.”
- Roots & Shoots Danforth Center spent the weekend at LouFest displaying how algae key prospects in biofuel research and reached out to Cardinals' fans at Busch Stadium fans to showcase World Food Day Oct. 14-15.
- ASPB, American Society of Plant Biologists The National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) are partnering to support a new research program to be administered by NSF. The objective of the Basic Research to Enable Agricultural Development (BREAD) Program is to support innovative basic scientific research designed to address key constraints to smallholder agriculture in the developing world.
- All Africa “GM foods currently available on the international market have passed risk assessments and are not likely to present risks for human health," says the World Health Organization. "No effects on human health have been shown as a result of the consumption of such foods by the general population in the countries where they have been approved," adds WHO.
- Phys Org Understanding which genes control traits, like when a plant will flower, what soil type is best or its ability to persist in drought conditions provides insight into the ability of plants to adapt to new environments. This type of scientific data is important for crop improvement and significant to human well-being.
| world hungerPlant sciencemalnutritionFood securityeventsenvironmentconferencesclimate changeBiofuelsagriculture