We are excited to announce that the Danforth Center Young Friends are again leading the Grow Challenge Week of Giving. This peer-to-peer, week-long virtual fundraiser will be held this year from September 27 to October 1. With your help, the Young Friends hope to raise $50,000 to benefit the Danforth Center Innovation Fund. Will you join us in building a brighter future?
What is the Grow Challenge?
Originally conceived as a response to cancelled events during the pandemic, the Grow Challenge debuted in 2020. It was the first fundraiser of its kind in the Danforth Center’s history. Thanks to the support of our amazing Young Friends and their community of friends, family, and colleagues, the first Grow Challenge was a resounding success, raising over $45,000 for the Danforth Center Innovation Fund.
The Grow Challenge is a chance to support the Danforth Center and to help students throughout the St. Louis region be inspired by science. I hope you will join us.
Chair, Danforth Center Young Friends and Grow Challenge
Why It Matters
The Danforth Center Innovation Fund is one of the most crucial funding streams for our mission. The Innovation Fund:
- Supports our efforts to provide equitable STEAM educational opportunities for students across the St. Louis region.
- Provides training and internships for early-career scientists, helping to level the playing field for scientists of color.
- Helps provide new technology and equipment to maintain the Center’s leading-edge infrastructure.
- Provides critical gap funding to early-stage innovative research to clear the hurdle for grant funding.
There are many ways you can be a part of this year’s Grow Challenge:
- Become a Participant: By joining the Grow Challenge as a participant, you have the chance to compete with others to see who can raise the most for the Danforth Center Innovation Fund. How can you raise funds? By reaching out to your friends, family, colleges, or anyone you know and asking them to support our work. When they make a donation on your personal Grow Challenge webpage, they help you climb the leaderboard. Click here to join the challenge.
- Spread the Word: One of the best ways to support the Grow Challenge is simply by liking and sharing our posts about it on social media. You can also post about it yourself, spread the word about the Danforth Center’s mission, and encourage others to give.
- Make a Donation: Of course, any gift you can make to the Center in support of the Grow Challenge would be greatly appreciated. Your donation will go directly to our Innovation Fund. Early donations will be accepted starting August 24. All donations to the Grow Challenge will be matched, dollar for dollar, up to $1,000 while funds last.* To donate, click here, or simply text DANFORTH to 50155.
Who are the Young Friends?
The Danforth Center Young Friends is a group of professionals age 40 and younger, who support the Danforth Center mission to improve the human condition through plant science. This mission includes our efforts to enhance St. Louis as a world center for agtech, bioscience, and other industries that are defining the future of our region. Learn more.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
*Match currently capped at $15,000