Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
9:30 am: Meet in Danforth foyer, carpool to Bayer Chesterfield Campus
10:05 am: Arrival at building AA & check-in
10:15 am: Tour of Bayer Chesterfield – Biotechnology
12:00 noon: Return to Danforth Center Directions to Chesterfield Campus from Danforth Center For GPS enter: 700 Chesterfield Parkway W, Chesterfield, MO 63017
Turn RIGHT onto OLIVE BLVD
Exit Right onto LINDBERGH BLVD SOUTH (go 2.7 miles)
Exit Right onto I-64 West (got 8.2 miles)
Take exit 20 and turn right onto Chesterfield Parkway North
Go straight across Olive Blvd
Turn RIGHT at the BAYER sign
STOP at the Security Station and let the guard know you are there for a tour.
At the round-a-bout, take the first RIGHT
At the bottom of the hill (just after the parking garages), make the first LEFT (in front of the FF building).
The building at the end of this drive is AA. Parking is located on your left or just before AA on the right.
- Please do not arrive on campus more than 15 minutes before the tour. Guest arriving before that will be asked by Security to return at their scheduled arrival.
- The Tour Guide will greet the scheduled group in AA Lobby 10 minutes prior to the scheduled tour start time.
- Groups that arrive in AA Lobby up to 45 minutes late will receive an abbreviated tour that will end at the originally scheduled tour time.
- The tour will be cancelled for Groups arriving in AA Lobby later than 45 minutes.
- In the laboratories and greenhouses, please wear lightweight casual clothing and closed toe shoes (no high heels).
- Tours are walking intensive (stairs, ramps, walkways)…please make sure you are adequately hydrated prior to arrival.
- Please respect Bayer’s non-smoking policy while at our facilities. The Bayer St. Louis sites prohibit tobacco use and other smoking products on company property and leased buildings including: outdoor areas such as grounds; parking lots; company and personal vehicles; walkways and roadways. Employees, contractors, visitors and all other individuals must leave the site premises if they choose to use tobacco or other smoking products.
: Bayer website
ForwardFarming: Demonstrative Sustainable Agriculture in Practice: Bayer ForwardFraming is a knowledge platform that demonstrates sustainable agriculture in practice. In partnership with independent farmers, the initiative creates opportunities for demonstration, dialogue and collaboration on farms around the world. Tailored solutions, proactive stewardship measures, and partnerships are implemented to show how modern agriculture can go hand in hand with environmental and social responsibility.
Facts on selected crops: Our Crop Compendium contains wide-ranging information on major crops - such as areas under cultivation and production volumes - and their natural enemies.
Farming’s Future: A growing world population, shrinking arable land and increasingly frequent extreme weather conditions – these are just a few of the challenges that we at Bayer face every day. The role of agriculture is more significant than ever before. The Farming’s Future App presents solutions for a better life through sustainable agriculture in a user-friendly format.