2020 Program Dates: May 26-August 7, 2020.
Application deadline: February 5, 2020 at 11:59PM
If you are experiencing difficulty with the on-line application, please contact Internship@danforthcenter.org
Checklist of items needed to complete your application:
NOTE: You will need these components before beginning the application. Once you begin the application, there is no "save" function. If you leave the page, you will have to start over from the beginning.
A. INFORMATION TO ENTER ONTO THE APPLICATION FORM:
1) NSF REU ID: As part of the application process, you must register with the NSF program at www.nsfreu.org. The website will ask you to create a user account (click the "create account" button and follow the instructions for "Students"), submit a questionnaire form, and the provide you with a unique REU ID. Be sure to take note of the REU ID assigned to you as you will need it to provide this application and any other REU sites to which you apply. Once you have this REU ID, you can return to our site and begin our application. You will be asked to enter this ID into our application form.
2) CURRENT GPA: you will be asked to enter your current GPA on our application form.
3) LAB SKILLS: Provide a brief list of your laboratory skills. This will be pasted into an application form text box.
4) FACULTY ADVISOR CONTACT: You will be asked to complete your faculty advisor's name and email.
B. ITEMS THAT YOU WILL UPLOAD TO OUR DROPBOX ACCOUNT:
5) PERSONAL STATEMENT: Write a statement that demonstrates why you are interested in this internship program. This is an opportunity to talk about your interests and goals and is an important consideration in the the selection of candidates. Please make sure to include your name in the header or footer. You will upload this to our dropbox account (instructions below).
6) RESUME/CV: You will upload this to our dropbox account (instructions below)
7) TRANSCRIPTS (unofficial): Unofficial transcripts are perfectly acceptable but must be readable. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded to our dropbox account (instructions below). Official transcripts sent by the registrar can be sent to us via email, mail, or fax (see section C, item 10).
8) ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE FORM (Click here to download form): Please provide us with a brief list of your most relevant classes in relation to this internship and your grade/anticipated grade in each class. You will upload this to our dropbox account (instructions below).
Dropbox Upload Instructions
After completing the application form, please upload your documents to our dropbox page:
Upload your documents here
(note, this link is also on the application page as well as on the confirmation page you receive after submitting your application)
C. ITEMS SENT TO US BY OTHER PERSONS
9) TWO REFERENCE LETTERS: Please contact two people who will serve as references for you (you may choose to submit an optional third letter). Have each submit a letter on your behalf directly to us via email, mail, or fax (see below). Faculty and teachers are often the best source, but feel free to ask anyone who can speak to your abilities.
10) TRANSCRIPTS (official): We do not require official transcripts. See above (section B, item 7) for unofficial transcripts submission. If you wish to submit official transcripts, use the contact information below:
Submit these items via mail, email, or fax:
Mail: Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, Attn: Internship Program, 975 N Warson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63132
READY TO SUBMIT?
NOTE: You will be directed to our application page hosted on Survey Monkey. Please contact email@example.com if you experience any problems with the application page.