The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center is soliciting applications for a Communications Coordinator to assist the Vice President of Public and Government Affairs and PR Manager with implementation of communication efforts and events for the Danforth Plant Science Center and BRDG Park.
The Office of Public and Government Affairs is dynamic, strategic and responsive. As we are a small team working through a critical time of awareness and outreach for the Center, we require that all members of the team work efficiently and effectively to help us reach our goals. All colleagues must be well-organized, detail-oriented and approach projects with a high degree of energy, coordination and cooperation. Also important is a strong work ethic, supported by commitment and follow-through. On occasion, early morning, evening and weekend event hours are required.
Reporting Line and Basic Qualifications
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Vice President for Government and Public Affairs but provides support as needed to the total effort of the Center to grow its public outreach, government and fundraising programs. In addition to the personal skills and qualities described above, the Communications Coordinator will have a BA in Communications or related field and relevant experience that demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer skills including (at minimum) Microsoft Word, and Power Point. Knowledge and experience with Constant Contact, Wordpress or comparable CMS systems, and Photoshop are preferred. Science background is a plus. Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines is a must.
The duties of this position include:
• Research content for ROOTS & SHOOTS and BRDG Park blog and infographs
• Gather editorial calendars to identify media opportunities
• Research and manage applications for accolades and awards
• Assist with research using Cision database to develop targeted media distribution lists
Writing and media relations
• Prepare drafts of news releases, newsletters, blog content, annual report and etc.
• Distribute releases and media advisories to targeted lists and post on wires
• Post events on various media calendars
• Monitor and prepare media reports for Danforth Center and BRDG Park
• Prepare press kits and information packets for visitors
• Manage image files and upload images that can be shared with public using FlickR, YouTube
• Create PPT templates that reflect the brand and assist with layout of key presentations
• Web updates using word press
• Provide support for Danforth Center and BRDG Park events
Please send your resume with salary history and three references to:
Ms. Billie Broeker
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
REF: Communications Coordinator
Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
975 North Warson Road, Suite 1050
St. Louis, Missouri 63132
Or by email to email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and people with disabilities.