The Danforth Center was designed by Nicholas Grimshaw & Partners of London, England, and Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum of St. Louis. The innovative, state-of-the-art building provides outstanding research and training facilities, as well as a library, a lecture auditorium with video-conferencing capabilities, compartmentalized greenhouses, and environmentally-controlled growth chambers and growth rooms.
- Gross Square Footage: 169,250 square feet
- Laboratory Space: 16+ Suites; over 53,500 square feet total, including lab support
- Greenhouse Complex: 28 Greenhouses; 29,100 square feet total
- Plant Growth Chambers & Growth Rooms: 33 Individual Growth Chambers & 20 Custom-Designed Growth Rooms
- Core Support Facilities: Proteomics, Mass Spectrometry, Integrated Microscopy, X-Ray Crystallography, Plant Tissue Culture & Transformation
- Auditorium Complex: 3,700 square feet, with 302 Stadium-Style Seats, State-of-the-Art Audio, Video, Internet and Teleconferencing Capabilities
Click an image below for a 360° views of The Danforth Center.